The Aliens are perfect killing machines, the nightmares of the galaxy.
Our only hope for survival is the ultimate in military force. Are you ready to sign up with the Colonial Marines?
Few films have had as much direct influence on video games as the 1986 classic Aliens and at last a modern game will be able to do full justice to the men and women of the United States Colonial Marines.
A squad-based first person shooter set just after the events of Alien 3, you must pull on the virtual boots of another squad of marines as you investigate what happened to Ellen Ripley and the original team from the movies. You can switch between any squad member whenever you want, each with a different speciality or weapon.
High tech equipment like the motion tracker and sentry guns are now yours to use and deploy as you see fit, as you fight off wave after wave of xenomorph. With authentic graphics that recreate locations from the first three films and an innovative multiplayer this should be the definitive sci-fi squad based shooter - featuring the definitive space marines.
- Close encounters: Cinema's original space marines are back in business with an intense squad-based shooter from the makers of Brothers in Arms and Borderlands.
- 22nd century armoury: Utilise all the same equipment and vehicles from the films, including pulse rifles, smartguns, flamethrowers, motion trackers, sentry guns and more.
- Unknown organism: Battle against cinema's most iconic aliens with facehugger, scout, warrior and queen varieties, plus never before seen types such as the drone.
- Movie backdrop: Fight through locations from the first three films, including the derelict space jockey ship, the colonist base of LV-426 and the Fiorina "Fury" 161 prison facility.
- Game over, man: Play in the online and offline co-operative mode or compete competitively in special multiplayer modes in free-for-all and team matches.
- Enlist in the Colonial Marine Corps: Get tooled up with classic Marine weapons including pulse rifles, motion trackers and flamethrowers.
- The most authentic Aliens experience ever: A true sequel to James Cameron’s classic Aliens. Enter an eerie, atmospheric world where any moment could bring your death.
- Drop-in/Drop-out co-operative gameplay: Gearbox, the masters of co-op bring their expertise to the Aliens universe. Xenos getting too tough? Call up your buddies so they can drop in with extra firepower.
- Badass competitive multiplayer: Play as Xenomorphs or Marines in four thrilling game modes. Xeno players will have to focus on agile movement and timing of quick, devastating attacks. Marines take them on with teamwork and incredible firepower.
- Loadouts and upgrades: Create your perfect killing machine. Earn experience to get perks, new weapons and new looks for your squad.
Collectors Edition includes:
- High Quality Powerloader Figurine in Limited Edition Xeno Hive Box
- Limited Edition of Aliens: Colonial Marines
- Four Playable Movie Characters - Players will be able to fight for their squad’s survival and confront hordes of enemies as the original ALIENS film icons Private Hudson, Corporal Hicks, Private Drake and Sergeant Apone.
- Additional Marines Character Customization Options
- Ripley’s Flamethrower
- Exclusive Multiplayer Weapons - Sonic Electronic Ball Breakers, Phase Plasma Rifle
- Excluive Game Level - USCM Academy Firing Range
- USCM Dossier which includes:
- Mission Brief
- USS Sephora Schematic
- Recruitment Card
- LV-426 Recon Photo
- USCM Iron-on Badges
- USCM Graduation Certificate