Due to essential maintenance our site will be unavailable from 23:00 to 00:00 tonight.
We are sorry for any inconvenience caused.
Populous - Nintendo DS
Please click on an image to see a larger version
Pictures are for illustrative purposes only.
Populous DS is an adaptation to the Nintendo DS of the classic Bullfrog-created Populous franchise.
The title is one of the earliest "god games" that became available on the PC. You need to look after the villagers of a virtual world, help them build up their village, and become more powerful, as they worship you and grant you different godly powers, which you must then use to battle other gods and their followers. The game has simple mechanics and a very fast-paced rhythm, making it an ideal title for the DS. The Wi-Fi connection of the handheld console also comes in handy, as it allows competitive multiplayer for up to four players, with earthquakes, tidal waves and lava being the main weapons.
- A Classic is Reborn on the Nintendo DS - The interface is built around the stylus and touch-screen controls while retaining the feel of the classic; Actions taken on the touch-screen play out on the top screen
- Additional Gods and Miracles - Five different elementally imbued gods, each with their own unique miracles and demon counterpart, are now selectable rather than just one
- More Single-Player Missions and Variety - Challenge Mode with 50 missions to clear as well as Free Play Mode including a Find The Warrior mini-game
- 4-Player Wireless Multiplayer - Versus Mode allows up to four players to compete, unleashing disasters such as earthquakes, tidal waves and volcanic eruptions to wreak havoc on opponents lands
- A Must-Have for Populous Fans - The most popular and classic maps from previous editions pay homage to the roots of this legendary series